Why you can trust Unique Build
Federation of Master Builders
We hold membership with the Federation of Master Builders. The Federation of Master Builders has been operating since 1941, with a goal of continuous improvement in the construction industry for both the companies operating within it and the customers at the other end of things. As a lobbying group and membership organisation, the FMB seeks to improve standards for everyone.
The FMB has a strict set of criteria for any members seeking to join the organisation, meaning you can be assured of high quality service, safety, and trust when you hire us. FMB vets its applicants independent, and also holds inspections and random site visits to assess the quality of work performed by the companies within its membership. In order to be approved for membership, here are just a few of the criteria we need to fulfil…
- Hold employer and public liability insurance
- Verify that we have a financially healthy business with positive credit checks
- Checks on directors
- Inspection of building works
- Provided full company information with trading address and a number of years in business
In addition, Federation of Master Builders members sign a code of conduct to ensure they will operate according to certain values and criteria going forward.
See below a few key points:
Our workforce must be competent and and able to complete the work we promise to do.
Work must be completed in a timely manner.
A full quote with description of the work and costings must be supplied to you, along with compliance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
- A contract will be provided that protects you.
- Providing ongoing information and updates about the work being done.
- Notification of relevant authorities along the way.
- Ensure quality supervision of employees onsite.
- Minimise disruption to all, including neighbours.
- Leave our sites tidy and clean.
- Impart all the information about maintenance that may be needed to you.
- Provide certificates, warranty and guarantee information.
- Book in post-completion visits if deemed necessary.
- Provide a contact for you on and ongoing basis in case anything does go wrong post-completion.
Membership with the Federation of Master Builders ensures you will be receiving a high quality, trustworthy, and safe experience with us, both onsite and in terms of our financial health as a company. It also shows that we are committed to ongoing improvements and better standards within the industry on and ongoing basis, which ultimately reflects on a better experience for our customers. We are committed to support the mission of the FMB, and this will be reflected in the work we undertake for you.
We're VELUX Certified Installers
Not all VELUX installations are alike. To help you find someone trusted and credible to install your VELUX windows, VELUX have set up their own certification scheme – VELUX Certified Installers.
We are the only VELUX Certified Installer offering full loft conversions in the whole of Sussex.
Becoming a VELUX Certified Installer requires strict adherence to quality, excellent service, and full guarantees and insurances for if things ever go wrong.