Experiencing problems with your VELUX windows?
At Unique Build, we’ve been installing VELUX skylight and rooflight windows for over 15 years with our custom loft conversions. We can attest that VELUX windows are the highest quality in the business. However, even VELUX are prone to problems and issues occasionally. At times, they’ll need repairs or even replacing.
When it comes to getting your VELUX repaired or replaced, look for a VELUX Certified Installer like Unique Build. These are companies that have been accredited by VELUX, and received exclusive training directly from them. Simply put, there’s no higher accreditation for VELUX repairs and replacements.
All of our work on your windows is fast, non-disruptive, and comes with a 10 year guarantee.
Problems you might experience with your VELUX windows
There are two major reasons why problems with VELUX windows occur:
1) bad installations for recent windows
2) old windows have deteriorated
We will make recommendations for repairs or replacements. Some of the common issues our clients are experiencing include…
- Wind and draughts getting in through the windows.
- Excessive amounts of condensation and water vapour forming on the windows.
- Water leaks around the window, which can also damage masonry and walls.
- Stiff and aged gaskets meaning that the window is clunky and difficult to open.
- Numerous other reasons why the VELUX window may not be opening.
- Poor insulation from the windows resulting in energy waste.
- Deteriorated and flimsy seals which means the window never fully shuts.
- Other stiff mechanisms which mean that the window won’t close.
- Cracks in the window pane.
- Discolouration to the window or frame.
Sounding familiar? We can have these problems, and others, sorted quickly.
Repairing a bad VELUX installation
Replacing old skylight and VELUX windows
Replacing VELUX for new technology
Estimates and Quotes for VELUX Repairs and Replacements
Put your trust in Unique Build
With hundreds of VELUX windows installed over the last 15 years, and VELUX Certified Installer status, you can be assured of the highest quality work. You might be just be surprised how quick and non-disruptive our work is too. VELUX repairs and replacements can be done within a few hours, and rarely require scaffolding.
VELUX Certified Installer
Trained with VELUX
10 year guarantee
Smooth and non-disruptive
Accredited by the best
The latest VELUX technology
Some customers choose to replace their VELUX windows sooner to take advantage of fantastic new technologies that VELUX are rolling out. We’re happy to talk you through the new options you have for your VELUX. A few of these new VELUX technologies include…
- Insulation technology and materials, which keep your home warmer and prevent energy waste
- Fantastic new customisation options which allow you to choose colour, finish, glazing, sizes and more to make your window unique
- High quality glass, which allows more daylight and natural light into your home
- Environmental functions and features, giving better sun-screening and ventilation to your home
- Electronic and remote opening systems, so you can have your windows open at the touch of a button
- Smart home technology which means your windows will manage light, air flow, humidity, and more to give you even more comfort at home